Rainy Saturday woke me up. This is my first official day of a week-long off from work.
It should have been different story and new level of excitement if only I had a stackload of money ready to spend this week, but alas, after paying mortgage, my car payment, my son’s Tae Kwon Do monthly tuition (these all go out in this week), gas and we still need something we can eat for the whole week, my checking account doesnt look promising at all. For few years we had family getaway vacations to the beach ( we love beach in the winter time!), this year we are sitting at home. And no, I am not touching my saving just for the sake of spending so fuggedaboutid.
So here I am, sitting by my computer with jammies on and freshly-made coffe on the table trying to scrape off whatever left on my fried brain, trying to think what I can accomplish this week without making a big dent of my poor checkbook. Feel free to chime in and share suggestions. I need it.
1. I think I’m gonna paint that empty guestroom upstairs. It’s been pink since we bought this house. Even though pink is fine, it actually works fine with the cherry-finished bedroom furnitures, but for some reasons it looks too… sweet. I need some color that when we actually have adult guests, they wont feel like they are sleeping in a nursery. I’m thinking grey. Like cloudy day sky grey. The next step would be persuading my husband to remove me from his blacklist of People That Should Not Paint Anything Since They Will Just Do Crappy Job And I Ended Up Redoing It.
2. Read! Oh so many hours I can read now! No more 15 minutes before I doze off thing. Library here I come.
3. I need to get my Phillipines and Thai girlfriends set up a date for Asian Cuisine Dinner thing. Then we need to check with the husbands to make sure they can happily tag along and eat funky foods with total 5 kids yammering. Need to set up the date, who is going to host and what we each is going to cook. Well FYI I am not a good cook for Indonesian food. My husband does that. Hat off!
4. Shampooing the carpet, husband chimed in. Uh – I have no clue whatsoever for this. I’ll google around first.
5. Sleep, sleep, sleep. This week my goal would be I will sleep more than my cat does. Does a lot of sleep make you have a flabby belly? My cat has flabby belly.
I best keep the list short since there is always possibility that I’ll end up accomplishing only one (sleep might be the easiest task to do anyway).
Today is my first official week-off work. Drizzling outside, my coffee is getting cold. Husband and son are out and about. I’d better get to business: accomplishing the number 4 on my list. Move away, cat. Mom is taking the bed over!